Due to Jenni’s request for the Poppyseed Chicken recipe and my love for this recipe it’s this week’s recipe! I got the recipe from a friend from Sunday School, Kristina. Kristina, you said on Monday that you read my blog somtimes. It’s time for you to get one so that I can link to you! 🙂
Recipe Wednesday – Poppyseed Chicken
This recipe is great and makes a ton. The past few times that I’ve made it I’ve split the recipe into two 8×8 pans so I can either freeze the second portion or take it to friends, like Jenni and Travis!
1 bag Small Egg Noodles
1 package Chicken
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz Sour Cream
1. Boil chicken (add salt if desired), then cut into bite size pieces.
2. Boil noodles
3. Mix sour cream, soup, and poppyseed (a generous portion)
4. In a separate bowl mix chicken and noodles ot equal amounts
5. Toss and evenly wet chicken/noodles mixture with soup mixture.
6. Put combined mixture in a baking dish and sprinkle with more poppyseed.
7. Crumble 1 roll Ritz Crackers and combine with melted butter; sprinkle crackers on top of dish.
8. Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until hot.
Note: Don’t use the whole bag of noodles (probably only 3/4 of the bag depending on it’s size). Use less noodles to start with and then add more as you add the sauce mixture. The more noodles the drier the consistency. Use a lot of poppyseed, or use less, whatever you like!
Let me know if you make it!