This yummy pasta dish from Family Circle is pretty easy. With chicken and pasta you don’t need much else to make a full dinner! But beware, depending on how much red pepper you use this dish can get spicy in a hurry!
Arrabbiata Sauce with Chicken and Mushrooms
Makes 6 Servings
3 T Olive Oil
4 c (10 oz) Sliced Mushrooms
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 t Salt
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 cans (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce
3/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 t Salt
1 lb Large Shell Pasta
1/2 c Shredded Ricotta Salata or Mozzarella Cheese (we used Mozzarella)
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
2. Heat 2 T of the olive oil in a large skillet over M/H heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Push the mushrooms to one side of the skillet and add the chicken adn cook for about 7 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway through cooking. Season the chicken and mushrooms with 1/4 t of the salt. Remove chicken and mushrooms to a plate and reserve.
3. Add the remaining 1 T olive oil and cook garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, and remaining salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet and heat through.
4. While sauce is cooking, prepare pasta following package directions. Drain pasta thoroughly.
5. Add pasta to skillet and toss. Serve immediately with shredded cheese.
Let me know how it turns out if you try it!