In case you have to take something to your family’s Christmas gathering and you don’t yet know what you’re taking this is a quick and easy recipe. It will probably require a trip to the grocery store, but is so easy and makes so much you’ll be glad you made it!
Recipe Wednesday – Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
2 18 oz jars Apricot Preserves
1 12 oz bottle Chili Sauce
3 T White Vinegar
2 T Chili-Garlic Sauce
1 c Water
1 32 oz pkg Frozen Meatballs
1. Whisk together first five ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Add meatballs and return to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
4. Keep warm in a slow cooker on LOW if desired.
* This recipe is from Southern Living and is an adaptation of their Sweet and Sour Sausage Bites recipe. You can make this with 2 16 oz packages of cocktail sized smoked sausages by omitting the water in the recipe. Also, the chili-garlic sauce can be found in the ethnic food aisle. It was listed as “Chili Sauce with Garlic” on the bottle that I got.