This is another recipe out of the cookbook that Jason’s grandmother gave me at one of our wedding showers. It is a really great cookbook that has one of my all-time favorite desserts in it, Butter Squares. Next time I make them (and I think it’s going to be soon!) I’ll post that recipe because they are divine!
This recipe was also really good and so simple that my only picture is of the ingredients. Everything else is basic! Enjoy!
Tortilla Chip Bake
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 medium Onion, chopped
1 10 oz can chopped tomatoes with green chilies (aka Rotel)
2 16 oz cans Chili Beans
1 10 oz can Cream of Mushroom soup
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 12 oz pkg Tortilla chips, crushed
8 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown beef with onion in skillet, stirring until crumbly. Drain well.
- Add tomatoes, beans, soup, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Layer tortilla chips and beef mixture in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until cheese melts.
This was a really great recipe! We enjoyed it with salads and more chips and salsa but you could also serve it with Mexican rice. The beauty of this recipe is that the prep is really quick and it makes a lot (I froze half of this recipe). It’s also filling and has lots of good stuff in it!
Let me know how it turns out!
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!