Sorry for the late post! 🙂 It’s been that kind of day! Please remember to be praying for Stellan and his family. He needs all the prayers that he can get!
Here’s another great recipe from Family Circle. This one is pretty good for you to with the salmon, enriched pasta, and fat-free half and half! It’s pretty easy too!
Creamy Rotini and Salmon
Makes 6 servings
1/2 pound Salmon Fillet (1 piece)
1 box (14 1/2 oz) omega-3-enriched Rotini Pasta
2 c Fat-Free Half and Half
2 t Cornstarch
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
1/8 t Cayenne Pepper
1 box (10 oz) Frozen Peas, thawed
1/2 c Parmesan Cheese
1/3 c Toasted Walmuns, coarsley chopped
1. Heat oven to 450 degress. Coat a small baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add salmon to pan and bake at 450 for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Drain and return to pot.
3. While pasta is cooking, whisk together half-and-half, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, and cayenne. Place in medium-size suacepan and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
4. Add peas and simmer for an additional minute, until peas are heated through. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 c of the Parmesan cheese
5. Stir sauce into drained pasta.
6. Remove skin from salmon and discard. Flake salmon into bite-size pieces and gently stir into pasta. Top with remaining 1/4 c cheese and the nuts and serve.