My friend Christen posted a Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe a few weeks ago and I thought it looked great. So last week when we begged, pleaded, and bribed my parents to come help us set up our new bed I figured it was the perfect occasion to try what I was sure would be a fantastic recipe. It definitely didn’t disappoint! The chicken was juicy and tender and the spices and crust made it very tasty. I normally cook with chicken tenders and so to use chicken brea sts was different but I think this recipe wouldn’t be nearly as good with tenders. I did go with the broiler pan like Christen did and I think that worked fine, but I agree that a cookie sheet should work just fine too. I hope you like it as much as I did! And, if so, make sure you let Christen know!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
12 multigrain saltine crackers
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons finely chopped Parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper
1/4 cup buttermilk
4 boneless skinless chicken brea sts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place baking rack on a baking sheet/broiler pan.
- Place crackers in a large zip lock bag and crush. Add parmesan, parsley, basil, paprika, salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Pour crumbs in a shallow dish like a pie plate or breading trays (they’re one of my favorite wedding gifts and they were from my friend Lindsay!)
- Place buttermilk in a shallow dish (again with the breading trays). Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat both sides with cracker mixture.
- Place chicken on rack on baking sheet.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.