It took me six weeks but I finally go back enough energy to start cooking again. So the week James turned six weeks old I went from literally not having cooked since he was born to three crock pot recipes in one week! I think the crock pot was a good thing to ease in to cooking again because the three recipes that I picked from Pinterest were extremely easy but also tasted good.
I can see this recipe becoming my go to recipe when anyone in our family isn’t feeling good. Soup is nice, but chicken and dumplings are better and this recipe is so easy but very yummy. I ran out of time and wasn’t able to chop up onions and so just added onion powder and I found that I didn’t have parsley on hand like I thought I did, but even without those two recipe ingredients the finished product was great. I’m sure with them it would be even better. It’s a perfect “when you’re sick” food and when we’re not I might add some veggies to make it almost more like a chicken pot pie with dumplings. Very easy, very good, and even Charlotte couldn’t get enough of it so that means it must be good!
Chicken and Dumplings
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken
2 tablespoons Butter
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Chicken Broth
1 Onion, diced
1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
4 Grands Flaky Biscuits
1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Add butter, soup, chicken broth, onion, and parsley on top of chicken.
3. Cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 hours.
4. At the end of the cooking time use a fork to break apart the chicken.
5. Cut the biscuits into nine pieces per biscuit and add them to the crock pot.
6. Cook for another 30 minutes.