Sweet and Sour Chicken Sandwiches
1 lb (approx) Chicken
2 T Olilve Oil
1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 14 oz Can Petit Diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablesoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Pepper
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1. Preheat a large skilled over M/H heat, add olive oil. Season chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add to the skillet and brown the chicken on both sides for two minutes.
2. Add the browned chicken into the slow cooker.
3. Whisk together apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard. Season with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
4. Pour sauce over chicken.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
6. Shred chicken with fork and serve.
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!