As I reflect back on this year it’s been a tough one for me. There have been high high’s (finding out we were pregnant, James’ birth, Charlotte’s verbal development and voluntary “I love you’s”) and also so low low’s. But through it all I know that I’ve walked this year with my Lord and with my family and I am so grateful for that.
Today I want to sit back and recount one thing that I’m thankful for for every year of my life.
1. I’m thankful for my family. Jason, Charlotte, and James are more than I could ever have hoped for!
2. I’m thankful for a easy birth with James and no complications with my c-section.
3. I’m thankful for a little boy who is sleeping through the night most nights now and letting his parents rest.
4. I’m thankful for friends who text and call and email to check up on me when I need support, encouragement, or someone to celebrate with.
5. I’m thankful for this year’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team which helped me delve deeper into The Word this year.
6. I’m thankful for God for working through the SSMT for leading me to chose scripture to memorize months before I would need it.
7. I’m thankful for my parents and Jason’s parents and how much they do for us.
8. I’m thankful that Charlotte loves school so much and the break that it affords me during the week.
9. I’m thankful that I’ve got to watch Charlotte try new things this year like gymnastics by herself and excel while taking a risk.
10. I’m thankful for living near family so that I can be there in times of turmoil.
11. I’m thankful that I got to introduce Papa to his great-grandson.
12. I’m thankful for my iPhone that makes waiting in doctor’s offices pass by quicker which is important when pregnant and going to the doctor all of the time.
13. I’m thankful for physical therapy and the relief that it brought to my back and the suggestion of an exercise bike that is helping my back.
14. I’m thankful that my best friend got to move closer to her family and that it’s stretching me to get out of my comfort zone.
15. I’m thankful for how easy it is to stay in touch across 5 minute distances and 5 hour distances.
16. I’m thankful for a husband who works so hard to give me everything I could ever desire and more and who puts up with so much and still loves me anyway.
17. I’m thankful for sweet moments like first smiles that you forget how wonderful they are.
18. I’m thankful for big girl moments like asking to “walk with me” holding my hand and coming up to tell me out of the blue, “You are so pretty” or “I love you so much”.
19. I’m thankful for grandparents who set the gold standard for marriage and who teach me so much with their lives.
20. I’m thankful for the outlet that blogging provides me the community that helps me stay connected even when I’m nursing in the middle of the night.
21. I’m thankful for the blessing of getting to stay home with my kids.
22. I’m thankful for having all that I could ever possibly need and a good bit of anything I could want.
23. I’m thankful for letters from third world countries written by children who depend on us and love us.
24. I’m thankful for friends and family who pray for me when I ask them to.
25. I’m thankful for the privilege to pray for friends and family.
26. I’m thankful for such a close relationship with my Mom and her help, love, support, advice, and encouragement.
27. I’m thankful for my Lord and Savior for living for me and dying for me and for loving me day after day.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!