I saw this at the beginning of 2012 and started a post as a draft for the end of the year. I thought it would be a good way to summarize the year. Enjoy!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?
Started building a house
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make resolutions this year, but I like my post from this time last year about the year being a fresh start. I don’t feel as much of a need for an all new fresh start this year as last, but it’s still nice to have a brand new year to look forward to.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places have you visited?
New Orleans (twice!), Augusta, Rosemary Beach, Tuscaloosa (lots with kids and once just adults), Birmingham for dotMom
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?More time for “my” projects that I’m excited about. This is going to require me to be more organized with my time, but I’ve got big plans for 2013!
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
I remember the kids birthday’s, but other than that I can’t really think of any big dates. I can think of memories but not the dates that they occurred on.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Honestly, I think it might have been that we became Sunday School teachers for Charlotte’s class and got to know the kids her age and got to help her, and them, start storing God’s word in their hearts.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It seems like we were all sick for the last few months of 2012, but nothing major.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new lot!
Our new house!
12. What song will always remind you of 2012?
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Spent time investing in friendships. This year was full of life as a family of four and my friendships suffered because of it (and thus my mental stability suffered too!). I’d like to work harder to be intentional about connecting with others.
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Spent time looking at Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, etc comparing myself to people. I want to be present with my kids and I also want to be able to enjoy them for inspiration but not compare myself to what others are showing on there. No one shows their real self online!
15. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory
16. What was the best book you read this year?
Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I had to look it up on the blog and I didn’t blog about it. So I looked it up on the calendar and it looks like I took Charlotte to open gym and then ate dinner at my parents. I turned 28.
19. What national/world event stirred you the most?
The Sandy Hook tragedy rocked me, like it did most everyone in the country, especially parents. I doubt that I will ever forget what it felt like to hear about it.
20. Who was the best new person you met?
I made some new friends at dotMom that I’m enjoying keeping up with virtually. I also got to finally meet in person sweet Whitney who I love. And it was super fun getting to meet Kelly Stamps and Amanda Jones in person at dotMom!
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!