– Don’t forget that Surprised by Motherhood by Lisa-Jo Baker comes out in one week! I’ve seen on instagram that it’s already out in some stores so you might want to check if you’re in a bookstore. It is a fantastic read! You can read a longer review of it in this post.
– Blurb has some good deals going on right now and I wanted to share them with you. You can make any kind of books on Blurb but small ones for grandparents would make great Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts!
*These links are affiliate links. Check out my link/review disclosures for more information.
– Seeing as my brother moved to LA a few weeks ago (Boo hoo!) we were all over the news about the Earthquake centered in Westwood (where he moved!) last week. This article about how a journalist has written a script to auto write his stories about earthquakes was really neat to me seeing as I’m a big computer nerd, but the possibilities of scripts like this are endless and I wonder if more and more people will start using this method over the coming years.
– I’m about to make the rest of the big purchases for what is needed before Hadley gets here and one thing that I’m doing is ordering cloth diapers. Any links to posts or articles on the web about this or, even better, first hand experience about what I actually need or don’t would be greatly appreciated!
– I am neck-deep in trying to figure out where to send our kids for school after Charlotte finishes kindergarten next year at the church school where we are currently attending (they only go through kindergarten). I’m compiling lots of research on the new Common Core standards but it’s hard to know what’s true and what’s just bias or agenda. I’m just digging into the claims on this What Is Common Core page but would love to know if you have other sites that I should check out for quality, fact check-able information. (PS This is not to start a debate but is something that I’m very concerned about and am trying to gather all the facts. I am in research mode and have not made a final decision but ask that you please keep any comments about this civil and respectable to all who might read.)
– Have you heard of St. Paul and the Broken Bones? They’re a new soul band out of Birmingham and their sound is very interesting!
– Jason passed this highly interesting read along to me a couple weeks ago and I just got around to reading it. It’s about how a family was able to connect with their regressively autistic son through Disney movies. It’s a long read but very, very interesting.
It’s Spring Break here this week but we’re just hanging out at home. Hope your week is relaxing like we’re trying to make ours be!
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!