Well, I managed to finally get Hadley’s four month post and James’ three year post up last night. Other than that I’ve still been a scarce blogger. I’m not sure why other than that most days I feel like I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I’ll quit saying that I’m going to blog more next week but I am getting close to post 1500 so maybe I’ll do a giveaway then. Any suggestions on what to give??
On to random thoughts.
– I mentioned in Hadley’s post that I’ve given up on cloth diapers for the moment. It’s true. They kept leaking, spraying out newborn dirty diapers is no fun, and they were so bulky on her. I was using bumGenius Freetime’s (all in one’s, one size). I got discouraged and over the extra laundry and decided to wait until we were changing less diapers and I had time to try out a few other kinds. In good news, the cloth wipes are still going strong!
– Do Not Sass Talk Your Mother – possibly one of the best parenting discipline ideas for teens that I’ve ever heard. Someone please remind me of this in a few years!
– IF:Pray was this week and even though I didn’t get to participate in real time, I greatly benefited from the tweets going out. If you want to join in a movement that is determined to start a revival in our church then join this one. It’s full of Christ-centered women encouraging and empowering others.
– I’ve been listening to The Afters’ Life Is Beautiful album recently and can’t get enough of it. If you want upbeat music with a positive message this is a great band.
– I just finished Hello From the Gillespies and absolutely loved it. It was a very interesting read with lots of twists and turns. And with the Christmas card season coming a book set up by a Christmas card letter disaster is perfect to get me ready!
– Speaking of Christmas, I’ve been shopping for a while now but need some ideas for James now that his birthday is over. He’s got tons of trains although he’d probably love a few more. Other than books I don’t have a lot of ideas for him. Any great 3 year old present ideas?
– One thing that I’m thinking about for Christmas is the new preschool themed Koala Crate from Kiwi Crate. Charlotte has always loved hers and these might be fun for Charlotte. If you’ve got older kids they have also started Doodle Crate and Tinker Crate for those 9+. They look awesome!
– And as for my Christmas list? I’m thinking that Smoothie’s would be a good thing to start with the kids for snacks and want a Smoothie cookbook. If you have one that you love please let me know!
Have a great weekend!
*Some links are affiliate links. Please see my link/review disclosures for more information.
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!