I stopped updating my 30by30 list every month back in September — I guess that was when my pregnancy really kicked in and I started napping every day. And, I have to say, that I’m rather disappointed with what I managed to accomplish on this list. But I will blame my pregnancy which took over half of my 29th year for at least some of the lack of accomplishment. I’ve worked over the past few weeks to finish up a few items and I still think that it was a good try at a very time intensive list!
2. Implement a chore chart with the kids and myself – Didn’t implement a chart but did get the kids to start understanding the concept of chores and start helping around the house when asked. I’ll call that a win.
3. Implement a menu schedule – I modified my Pinterest boards into Recipes I haven’t tried
and Recipes that I have made and enjoyed
which helps me remember our favorites. And, for a while, I was trying new recipes to share in Recipe Wednesday posts but have been throwing together quick things for the past month or so due to tiredness. Maybe actually implement a schedule once we get on one after Hadley arrives?
4. Get Supper Club going again – we did good in the fall but slacked in the spring, hoping to get one more dinner in before Hadley comes
5. Attend dotMom
in the fall – hotel room was booked and is now cancelled since I’ve decided not to go
6. Throw a Christmas Party
– we had a great one
7. Plan a “Light ‘Em Up”
program for us to do in the summer – neither the summer program nor the Christmas Light Em Up happened, I need to be more prepared in advance this year and blame our December Disney trip, my getting sick while Jason traveled, and our Christmas party for not getting to this.
8. Become more proficient with Photoshop & organize my pictures
– I haven’t totally cleaned out all of my old pictures (i.e. deleting those that are out of focus, etc) but I did get everything more organized
and feel like I’ve grown a lot in my Photoshop knowledge in the past year
9. Finish my 2011 One Tale a Day Blurb book – nope
10. Complete the 2012 OTAD pictures – Ha!
11. Make a 2012 OTAD Blurb book – Ha!
12. Complete the 2013 OTAD pictures – Ha!
13. Make a 2013 OTAD Blurb book – Ha!
14. Make blog books up to present day – Ha! I had way too high of ambitions for these. Each book takes a really long time to prepare and I just am barely having time to keep up with the blog and my shop to work on books. I really want to, but so far haven’t found time to work on them.
16. Go on a by-ourselves date with Jason every month – We were fairly regular with our dates this year and tried to make them a priority which was nice. We even had a weekend to ourselves while the kids were at my in-laws the last weekend in March!
17. Re-vamp the blog design – DONE!
18. Re-learn all about my camera and start taking great pictures
19. Take pictures of and blog about the new house (complete all my unfinished projects!) – I did get some additional posts up but there are still things that I want to blog about. And things are always changing so I want to update some posts already. I think this will be a continuous goal.
20. Be more diligent about keeping up with friends – I think I did better at being more cognizant of checking on others and asking how I can pray or help. At least I like to think I did!
21. Take kids to Disney World
– Went in December
22. Cook at least two new recipes every month – I think I probably did this, see #3 for more details
23. Re-start and finish reading the Bible in a year – Completed it and it was so wonderful! I highly encourage you to give it a try even if it takes a couple years like it took me!
24. Get kids into doing Random Acts of Kindness together – kind of tied in to #7 and something that I didn’t get to but want to
25. Start learning Bible Verses with the kids
– I made more of an effort to work on their school and Sunday School verses but we hadn’t started doing our ABC Scripture Cards
like I want to
26. Write 30 letters to friends and family telling them what they mean to me
27. Start some type of exercise program – Jason and I were really close to finishing Couch to 5k when I started getting sick because of the pregnancy and couldn’t make myself get up at 5am to run. I am really looking forward to restarting this at the end of the summer though and hope to run my first 5k sometime in the fall. I enjoyed it MUCH more than I thought I would!
28. Get our family eating more whole/real foods – We’ve transitioned a lot of things to more whole foods but still have a long way to go. Baby steps.
29. Learn something new (computer language, language, cooking style, way to fix my hair…..) – I’m going to count Illustrator even though I’m far from proficient yet
30. Spend more time in the moment, cherishing my family – If you’re going to be resting a lot that typically means you’re getting in lots of snuggles! One benefit to not feeling so great because you’re pregnant!