Last updated 5/21/2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide To Us
This website collects various types of information that you provide directly to us, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information which may include your name, address, email address, password, billing and/or credit card information, preference or interest data, gender, date of birth, occupation, employer information, photo, etc., which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the services.
- Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
This website collects information at various times, such as:
- When you register on our site
- When you place an order
- When you subscribe to a newsletter
- When you fill out a form or enter information on our site
- When you leave a comment on our site
- When you share our content or images on other platforms
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
• Provide and deliver the information, products, and services you request process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Tales of a Peanut and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
• With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
• When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Tales of a Peanut or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Tales of a Peanut takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at email@example.com.If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Children Under Age of 13
Tales of a Peanut does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Links to Other Web Sites
Tales of a Peanut is an online retail store created and owned by Jennifer Elwell. Tales of a Peanut includes a children’s line, miniPeanuts, as well as a variety of product lines, a blog, and e-marketing newsletters. Tales of a Peanut uses its blog and online profiles to generate revenue using a number of sources, including advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, affiliate links, and other forms of compensation. This also includes receiving products and services for review. In such cases, the content, advertisement, or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content and will be noted by using a disclosure at the beginning and end of each post.
Although Tales of a Peanut is occasionally compensated for posts or advertisements, Tales of a Peanut always gives honest opinions, feedback, and experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on any Tales of a Peanut platform are purely those of Jennifer Elwell and are provided with all knowledge that is present before her at the time or writing or placement. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
Tales of a Peanut does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Tales of a Peanut makes every reasonable effort to ensure that information presented on this website is accurate but does not guarantee that all information and content is error-free. Tales of a Peanut does not constitute information on this website as advice, legal or otherwise, and cannot guarantee the outcomes of using the content on this website.
All content on Tales of a Peanut is for information only, and this blog and its’ author are not liable for any damages, losses or injury that may occur due to the use of the information provided herein.
The venue for all actions arising out of this website with Tales of a Peanut as a party shall be Alabama.
Tales of a Peanut encourages readers to comment on content presented on the website but reserves the right to monitor, delete, and block comments and users from the comment system. Tales of a Peanut has a zero-tolerance policy for abusive language or behavior.
Tales of a Peanut shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
Content and images on Tales of a Peanut are not to be reproduced without consent from the owner. Users may link to articles and products on http://jennelwell.com as well as link to authorities that share other parts of Tales of a Peanut. However, this does not constitute any grant of rights otherwise. All rights are reserved by Tales of a Peanut for content, copy, images, graphics, and all else. Unless otherwise noted, copyright is held by Tales of a Peanut as of the date initially published or presented in public.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us