My friend Heather posted a meme about “10 Things You May or May Not Know About Me” and I decided to play along.
1. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom. I didn’t always know if I would be able to be a SAHM but that was always my dream. While it is A LOT harder than I thought it would be, I wouldn’t trade this job for anything in the world.
2. I love politics. I worked in Washington for one of our Senator’s the summer after my sophomore year and I loved every second of it. However, a lot of times I have to act like an ostrich and ignore what’s going on because I get too upset/worked up/frustrated/emotional if I pay a lot of attention to it.
3. I LOVE to read. I can read almost a book every other day even with Charlotte taking up most of my attention. The Kindle app on my iPhone and the free book downloads that they have have been something that I’ve really loved. Because, in case you haven’t been to a bookstore recently, books are EXPENSIVE especially if you read 3-4 a week! So if you’re ever looking to buy me a gift and you’re stuck a gift card to a bookstore is always one of the most appreciated gifts!
4. I get very overwhelmed making decisions. I am such a Type A person that I overanalyze and think too hard about things. For instance, the other day my Mom and I went to a plant sale and I almost left with nothing because I was too overwhelmed with all of the options. Thankfully she took over and guided me and we left with beautiful plants. But don’t ask me to pick a restaurant or you will be eternally frustrated with my lack of decision making ability!
5. I am a TV addict. I correlate it to my love of books and stories but regardless I have a long list of shows that I MUST watch every week. We rarely watch in real time any more but the shows get dvr’d and we watch them later. My list of Must See TV has decreased since Charlotte arrived, you should have seen me in college. I had to make out a schedule of what was taping on which tv so that I wouldn’t miss anything! Ok, I’m embarrassed that I just admitted that. Ignore this point! 🙂
6. I have decided that there is no better feeling than having your little girl lay her head on your chest to give you a hug. Just holding her and smelling her sweet baby scent and hugging her makes everything better. It was wonderful to hold her when she was little but it’s extra special now that she can purposefully do it.
7. I am neither a night owl or a morning person. If I could I would go to sleep early and sleep late. Back in high school Jason and I would talk on the phone at night until 9 or 9:30 and then I would go to sleep and he would go do his homework. In college he would leave my house pretty early and then tell me the next day that he stayed up playing xbox with his roommate until 1 am. I think the first year of our marriage was tough because he had to learn how to go to bed early!
8. While I am a big fan of Alabama I get bored at football games sometimes. I am definitely not like Kelly who stands and cheers and yells the entire game. I’ve fallen asleep in the middle of games before — yes, some of those times I was pregnant but I’ve done it when I wasn’t pregnant too! I would rather be there for the beginning of the game and the end of the game and then go hang out somewhere inside for the middle of the game. I envision that’s what Charlotte and I will be doing for most of the next few seasons!
9. I am a big online shopper. To me, especially with a small child, it’s just so easy and it’s nice to usually have a full selection of items/colors/sizes to choose from instead of a limited selection in the store. It always kind of made me laugh when people would say that they didn’t shop online because of fear of identity theft. Then our credit card number was stolen and until we traced where it was stolen (we still had the card in our possesssion) I didn’t really purchase much online. But then we found that it was stolen at our hotel in California along with almost everyone else’s in our group. So, really, online shopping is probably more secure than handing your card over to a sketchy desk clerk even if it’s a really nice hotel!
10. The songs to children’s shows are annoyingly catchy and get stuck in my head. I walk around for most of the day singing, “La, la, la, la Elmo’s World” or The Wonder Pets song. It’s times like that when I actually feel like a Mommy.
If you need something to post today or just want to jump in I tag you to play along!
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!