This weekend we had some pork chops and were looking for a new way to cook them so I put Jason in charge. He stepped in and found an oven fried recipe that sounded good, was easy, and that we could make all from ingredients that we had in our pantry — the perfect trifecta! The pork chops were pretty good although ours were thick so took about twice as long to cook as the recipe said. But we will definitely be making these again!
Oven Fried Pork Chops
* 4 pork chops, trimmed
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* (We added 1/4 teaspoon of salt)
* 1 cup herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix (we used half panko bread crumbs (plain) and half italian seasoned bread crumbs)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Pour butter into a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Stir together egg, milk and pepper. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coat with stuffing mix and place in pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn chops and bake for another 10 minutes, or until no pink remains in the meat and juices run clear.