For playgroup last week I put together a few desserts that I had seen a few weeks ago. They turned out really cute and tasted good too! I might make up another batch of ghosts to give out to special trick or treaters this weekend! Both of the recipes were from Parenting.
Makes 6 ghosts
* 8 large marshmallows
* 6 wooden skewers (points cut off)
* 1 cup white-chocolate chips
* 1 Tbs vegetable shortening
* 12 cinnamon Red Hots (I used M&M’s)
* Black decorating gel
1. For each ghost, push three marshmallows onto end of skewer; set aside.
2. Microwave white-chocolate and shortening in a microwave-safe dish on medium-high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 10-second intervals until smooth.
3. Holding the skewer, spoon the melted mixture over marshmallows until covered; place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet. Use two Red Hots for eyes and decorating gel for a mouth.
4. Refrigerate until chocolate has hardened; serve.
**I just mixed the chocolate in 1 cup of chip increments and it worked great!
1. Cut off the tops of pretzel rods and set aside.
2. Melt 1 cup white-chocolate chips, 1 Tbs shortening, and a few drops of green food coloring; stir until smooth.
3. Dip the cut end of the pretzels into the chocolate, covering the top 2 inches. Place on wax paper and sprinkle the sides of each with coconut flakes to form hair.
4. Top each with a Hershey’s Kiss and refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened. Draw on eyes, nose, and mouth with black decorating icing; finish by covering the Kiss, too.
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!