This month is turning into the month of breakfast recipes! This is another one from our Christmas morning brunch. It was good to feed a crowd. I felt like it could have used a little more salt and pepper but it was still great the way it was.
Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole
6-8 Strips of Bacon
1 Onion, peeled and chopped
1 clove Garlic, peeled and minced
1 Red or Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 2 lb bag frozen Hash Browns
1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
1 cup Whole Milk
1 teaspoon Dried Dill
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cook bacon until crisp, cool, then chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Saute onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 5 minutes.
4. Place 1/3 of frozen hash browns in the bottom of the crock pot.
5. Add 1/3 bacon, 1/3 of the onion mixture, and 1/3 of the cheese.
6. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
7. In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, dill, salt, and pepper.
8. Pour over ingredients.
9. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Sign up to get the latest info straight to your inbox!